Video is a great way to communicate a message, to train staff, demonstrate best practices, and keep staff engaged.
Op Central supports three different methods of using video in your content.
We highly recommend the use of Vimeo or YouTube instead of a direct MP4 upload; these are the best premium video delivery services in the world and deliver video content to your users better than anyone else.
To add a video:
- Turn the Video toggle to "On" within a policy/article
or select Additional Resources if adding to an e-learning activity.
Add your video.
- Upload Video: Select the video file from your local device storage. The file must be in Mp4 format and less than 200MB.
- YouTube: Upload your video to YouTube as Unlisted (you can select public if you don't mind the general public seeing the video; however Private videos do not work in Op Central), ensure the "Allow Embedding" box is ticked (no others need to be - see reference image below).
If you need further guidance on privacy settings in YouTube, click here.
Open the uploaded video and copy the full URL from the address bar (not the embed code), then paste the video URL in the provided field in Op Central.
- Vimeo: Upload your video, set the “Where can this video be embedded?” setting to “Anywhere”. The privacy setting of who can watch this video can be set to any setting you prefer.
Then you’ll need to open the Distribution tab then Video File Links and copy the highest resolution link from that area. Paste this link in the field provided in Op Central.
Depending on your version of Vimeo, you may need to get the links a different way.
There is an option under Video File Links to ‘Play the Video’ or ‘Download the Video’. Selecting Download the Video will give the multiple versions of the files.
- Add a title and description (optional), then click Submit when done. This will embed the video into the content.