When adding content that was originally created in a document processing software like Microsoft Word or Apple Pages, we strongly recommend either pasting into Op Central without formatting (cntrl+shift+V on PC) or converting it to HTML first before pasting to avoid formatting incompatibilities. Certain Microsoft Word/Apple Pages formatting functions like anchor points, margins, custom fonts and bullets, are not compatible with web browsers; and if pasted into Op Central, it will result in inconsistency and formatting issues when viewing your Manual content.
Converting the content to web-ready HTML is easy, using the https://wordhtml.com conversion tool.
Note: Op Central did not design this tool, nor do we have any affiliation with them.
- Copy all your text content in your MS Word document (pictures still need to be uploaded via the File Manager), including any tables
- Go to https://wordhtml.com (open this in a new tab to your Op Central site)
- Under the "Word Editor" tab, paste all your content in. You will see any non-HTML readable formatting disappear, and plain text take it's place automatically
- Click the "HTML" tab
- Copy all the content in that window (you will see HTML tags like < li > and < table > depending on your content. You'll need all those)
- In Op Central on your policy creation page, click on the "source code" button on the far right of the editor toolbar
- Paste the HTML content there, then click OK.
- Continue creating the rest of your policy (or whatever type of content it is!) as normal, adding pictures, quizzes, videos, setting permissions, etc.