Roles determine what the users can or cannot do (or see) within the platform. For example, you may not want your front-of-house retail staff to have access to compliance audits, but you do want the retail store managers to. Consider them a permission set for a group of people.
Examples of Roles are: Store Manager, Supplier, Area/Zone Manager, Retail Staff, Content Editor, Store Manager, Software Developer, Customer Service Rep, Chef, Marketing Coorindator, Front of House, etc
By default, Op Central comes with the roles Admin, Content Editor, Franchisee, Manager, and Team Member already created. Before assigning any users to these roles, please ensure they have the appropriate permission selections for your business (or delete them and create your own).
To create a new Role:
- Click Admin -> Users
- Click the ellipses (three dot menu) on the right hand side, then click "Manage Roles".
- You will be redirected to the System Settings > Roles page, where you will see the list of User Roles. You can also access this page by clicking your profile avatar, then System Settings, then on the Roles tab.
- Click "Create New Role"
- Give the Role a name.
New Dashboard layouts can be set up by request, please contact our support team.
- Using the tick boxes on each tab, choose which modules the Role has permission to access.
- Once ticked, the menu will unfold and display any additional permissions for that module. Tick the boxes beside each permission you want that Role to have.
- You can allow certain roles to create other users with specific roles by restricting their access (under the General tab). To learn more, visit the article here.
- Once you've selected all the permissions, click Submit. You can now assign that Role to a User.
Note: The Admin Role cannot be edited or changed, as this role requires access to all areas and functions of the platform.