To view the list of Locations in Op Central, click Admin > Location Management.
- Workplace Type
- Workplace Name (location)
1. Location Type
These Types will classify what your locations are. These labels are used as a filter mostly for reporting and data sorting, but in rare cases also permissions. Depending on your business, you may have many Types, or only 2 or 3.
To create a new Location Type or edit a current one:
- Click the ellipses (three dot menu) on the Admin > Locations page and select "Manage Location Types".
- On the Location Customisation page, click Create (or edit a current one from here).
- Enter the details, then click the button to save, then Back when you are done adding or editing. You can now set that Type against a Location.
Examples of Location Types: Office, Restaurant, Bar, Prep Kitchen, Warehouse, Retail Store, Mobile Van, Corporate owned, Franchise, etc. "Office" is used primarily for the HQ/Support Office.
By default, Op Central comes with Office, and Store/Restaurant/Studio already created. Edit and create new as needed.
2. Location Name
This is the location's name and details. You will use these details when assigning Users to their respective locations.
To create a new Location:
- From the Admin > Locations list, click the Create New Location button on the right side.
- Enter in the details and select the Type from the drop down list.
- Hit Submit once you're done; the Location will now display in the list of Location. You can now use that Location to assign/match a User to.
By default, Op Central comes with your Head Office/Support Office already created. This can be edited, but not deleted.
Deactivating a Workplace keeps all records intact, but means that no Users can be assigned to it. You will be asked to assign a new Workplace to any Users that are in a deactivated Workplace.