Adding links to your most used or most helpful pages will not only increase efficiency, but it will also increase user engagement.
If you would like to turn this dashboard widget off for any roles, go to System Settings > Quick Links to do this. You can also rename the widget from the System Settings.
To add a new link:
- Copy the URL of the page you want to link to. If it's within the platform (an internal link), copy everything from /#/ onwards. If it's outside the platform (an external link), copy the entire URL including the https://.
- Go to your dashboard and click the three dot menu on the Quick Links widget.
- Enter a title for the link, the URL, and select whether you want the link to open in a new window or in the same window.
- If everyone can see this quick link and it is not restricted, click the 'checkmark' button to save it. "Public" is the default.
- If you want to restrict this so only certain roles can see it, click the permissions button and change the setting to "Private", then select who can see it.
- Click the save button.
- Follow steps 1-6 to add in more. You can add as many as you like, there is no limit.