Linked fields within a form will update whichever information they are linked to. Linked fields correlate to fields already within the system, either a workplace field or a user field.
This can be used when requesting team members to update information on their profiles, like certificates or addresses, etc; or similarly if a manager or franchisee needs to update a workplace's details.
To link a form field to a system field:
- Click edit on the form you want to add the field to
- Click the Form Fields tab
- Click Add Field in the right corner
- Under the ellipses (three dot menu), click link to system field
- Select whether it's a user or workplace field
- Select which field you want this to link to
- Edit the field name and add a tooltip if desired
- Choose if this field is mandatory to fill out on the form (Required)
- Click submit when done
- It will now show up in the fields list with a link icon
- Click the Submissions Table tab and toggle it off if you don't want to see it on the submissions table
- Ensure permissions are correct
- Click Publish (if new form) or Update (if editing an existing form)
Now when a user fills out the form, it will automatically update the linked information.