You can create any type of log or form you wish with the Forms module. Some examples of these are: Vehicle Damage reports, Leave requests, Customer complaints, Staff injuries, etc.
- Click Forms
- Click the three dot drop down menu (ellipses), and then Manage Forms
- Click the Create Form button
- Fill in the Details:
- A category (optional)
- Whether this form has an anonymous, publicly accessible URL
A public URL may be used in situations like a customer feedback or complaint form, where the person filling it out does not have a login to Op Central.
- Whether the form has grouped fields. This means the different groups will display on separate pages to the person filling it out
- A private link is simply a direct internal link to fill out the form
- Click Form Fields and enter all the fields/questions you need on the form. The different types are:
- Linked System Fields (tutorial here): Automatically updates linked data
- Text (Single Line): Used for any normal text response.
- Text (Multi Line): Gives the option for multiple stacked lines of text rather than a single straight line.
- Number: When the response needs to be numerical (cannot do decimal points, use text field for this).
- Radio Button: A single tick box.
- Date Selector (with or without time): A calendar that can also include a specific time of day.
- File Upload: Provides an Upload File button where anything can be attached to the submission.
- Checkboxes: Boxes with ability to select more than one.
- Dropdown (with or without multi-select): A dropdown menu of possible responses.
- Click Submissions Table and select which of the fields you want to display in on the list of submissions. You can preview what that looks like by clicking the ellipses (three dot menu) and then Preview Submissions Table. You can show/hide the columns on/off with the appropriate toggles.
- Set the permissions. Select who has access to fill out this form, who can view which submissions, who can edit submissions after they are made, and who is notified when a submission has been made against this form.
- Click Email Templates if you would like to change the submission notification email.
- Preview the form before publishing to ensure it's correct, then click Publish to make it available for submissions.
Note: After there have been submissions made against a form, you are able to add additional fields, but not remove any.