Quizzes are the most common form of assessment; They include question types that are automatically graded by the system (multiple choice, multi select, yes/no and true/false questions).
If you add a free-text response question to a quiz, it is considered neutral (it does not have a pass/fail) and the quiz will be graded regardless of the answer given. If you would like to add a text response that requires grading, you will need to use the Written Assessment option.
To create a quiz:
- Within the program you would like to add the quiz to, under the Activities tab, click the "Create" button
(You can choose to create a program module first, which is required to map an activity to the program. Alternatively, you can do this later)
- Choose Assessment
- Enter the title of the Quiz
- Add any instructions that display to the learner
- The default selection for assessment Type is Quiz, so you won't need to change that
- Add any additional resources
(These may be attachments like PDFs or word documents for further reading, or videos)
- Click the Questionnaire tab to add questions
- Click the "Create Question" button then select which type of question you want to add
- Add question details depending on which you've selected
(Note the additional options such as ability to upload files and add comments)
- Click publish once you've entered all the questions
- Your new quiz will display in the activity library. To add it to the program, you'll need to create a program module (formerly known as a 'cluster'). This is essentially a section and way to group related activities together.
- Drag and drop the activity under the appropriate module
- You can preview the quiz by clicking the ellipses (three dot menu) on the activity, then clicking preview button.
Tutorial video coming soon!