Support agents are assigned to handle ticket types. You may have one person in your team who manages every different type of ticket, or you may have many different people to look after the different types.
Ticket types are a category for the ticket; examples of these include HR related issues, Supplier or Product problems, IT/hardware/software issues, and many more. You can set these up according to your unique business needs, and there is no limit to the amount of ticket types you can have.
To add new ticket types:
- From the main Support Desk page, click the ellipses (three dot menu) and then onto "Ticket Type & Agents"
- On this page, it will display the list of ticket types created or the page will be blank with a "No data yet" message if this is the initial set up.
- Create a new type by clicking the "Create Ticket Type" button
- On the popup, enter the Name of the type (eg. Computer Hardware, Pay or Payslips, Product Quality, Staff Injury, etc), any instructions to the submitter (eg. required details, ETAs for that type, etc), and select whether the assigned agent will be reminded of unresolved tickets with a reminder frequency
Important note: If you click off the popup, it will cancel and you will lose all the details.
- Once you've completed the details, switch to the "Agents" tab on the popup.
- This is where you will assign who looks after this ticket type. Using the Add New Users box, start typing the name of the person (2 or more letters are required to populate the drop down menu)
If their name does not display, check that their role has been given access to the module. Open a new tab to do this so that you don't lose the details by clicking off the screen. Go to your profile icon > System Settings > Support Desk module settings. Go to this article for a step-by-step on permissions.
- Select the name from the drop down menu, and continue to add more agents if you would like more than one person. Click the plus button to add them to the ticket.
- If multiple agents have been added, select which person will be the default assignee. This means the ticket will be automatically assigned to them and they will get the notification.
- Click save when you are done. The new ticket type will be available for use immediately.
If you need help setting up ticket Status & Priority labels, the tutorial can be found here.