Discussion forums allow users to engage with each other and fosters a sense of community.
The discussions that happen within a forum are sometimes also known as 'threads'. Individual posts from users live within these discussions/threads. Each discussion/thread is assigned a topic, for easy categorisation.
- Click Create Forum
- Add the forum title and a description (optional)
- Choose whether it's a public or private forum
- Add a thumbnail image
- Click User Permissions
- Users with the role of Admin are automatically able to both Administrate the forum (ie manage topics) and Moderate (ie check flagged posts)
- Add any other users you'd like to have either access to administrate or moderate, and who receives notification of when posts need review.
- In order for users to be able to start creating discussions, you need to first create topics for those discussions
- Click the "View" button on the forum
- Under the ellipses (top right corner, three dot button) click Manage Topics
- Add as many different topics as you like. When users create discussions, they will assign one of these topics to their discussion
- To create the first discussion, click Create Discussion. This could be a welcome thread, one for questions or feedback, etc.
- Enter the details and click Save. You will then see your new thread/discussion and other user will be able to interact with it.