To bulk import multiple locations:
- Click Admin > Locations (or location management).
- Instead of clicking on the "Create New Locations" button, click on the ellipses, then Import Locations.
- Always download a new copy for each import (as sometimes the templates change; you'll get an error uploading an old version), by clicking the "Download template" button. Do not do this step if you are only updating currently existing locations.
- Fill out the spreadsheet. The following fields are mandatory for the upload, and you won't be able to import without them:
- Location Name
- Phone Number
- Address (Street Number, Name, Suburb, State, Postcode, Country)
- All other fields are optional and can be updated or entered another time, either by bulk import again or individually.
- Save the spreadsheet template to your computer.
- Back on Op Central, click import, select your spreadsheet. As soon as you click Import and select your spreadsheet, it will automatically upload straight away.
- You will get a success message if the template imported without error, and then all the new locations will display.
- If there is an error on the spreadsheet, you will see an error on the screen and the system will download a copy of the error report. This will highlight in green all the errors. Majority of the time it's simply missing information, or that the Location Type isn't entered exactly the same as what's currently in the system.
- Fix the errors, save the spreadsheet, and import again.
To bulk update location information:
- Click Export Locations instead of Import Locations. This will download a spreadsheet of all the locations and the data.
- Update the information on that spreadsheet and save it. You cannot change Locations Names in bulk. See note below.
- Follow the same import instructions above (steps 2 & 8) to immediately update all the information in the system.
Important Note: Locations are unique by name, not by email/phone number/etc. If you change a name on an export/import sheet, it will create a NEW location. Location Names can only be changed by going into the individual location details.